Wednesday, January 25, 2006

First Comment

I was thrilled to see a comment posted on my nascent blog. I was starting to think that I was the only one reading my thoughts which would have been alright because I felt that the main purpose of this blog was to help record my thoughts and efforts for future reference. The fact that I may be able to interact in a marketplace of ideas is most welcome as it will allow me to engage with other people and determine if I am making any sense at all.

My wife and I are expecting the first of two physicians to come down here as early as next week. He will be joined by another doctor who is four months shy of finishing a residency in family practice. As soon as these two docs are smoothly integrated into our practice (expected date is mid-June 2006), we will take off for the Philippines.

We cannot simply abandon this clinic because we have put in too much time and hard work and tears into this enterprise. We have 14 employees and they have all been very loyal and dedicated.

Just found out this morning that elections will proceed as planned in the summer of 2007. This will give me more than enough time to prepare. I am planning to walk through the entire length of the Philippines, a country of 87 million people in an area the size of Arizona. This will be my way of introducing myself and telling my countrymen what plans I have for the future.

No comments: