Friday, September 8, 2006

Odysseus

I feel as if I am in the land of the Lotus-eaters. Remember Odysseus, on his way home after ten years of fighting at the Trojan War, sends a scouting party of three men to investigate this island. And how these three men lost all their desire to complete their homeward journey as soon as they began eating the Lotus plants. Odysseus needed to drag these men back to the ship.

Bacolod is such a charming island. My daughters are happy to be with their grandmother who shamelessly spoils them. My wife is back to the place where she grew up. I am so content with the routine we have established.

On my way home never referred to a specific place. It was always meant as a continuation of a journey. Though at present I am beguiled with all this languid living, I know that I will have to drag myself in time to get on with my journey.

No comments: