Monday, February 13, 2006

Ener-Grill

A long time ago, there was a revolutionary invention in the Philippines called the Ener-Grill. It was technology that promised unlimited heat energy from old newspapers.

Even back then, we had a surfeit of printed opinion and Pinoy-style journalism that passed for news. The problem was even with a few months worth of newspapers, all we could cook were a few thin slices of pork chops that tasted good not only because of the limited quantity of morsels but because by the time the meat was cooked, everybody was hungry.

I have received a lot of opinions, suggestions, comments and advice since I began this blog. I don't know what to do with all of them. Should I just crumple them all and toss them into this quintessential Filipino contraption and hope that I at least will be able to savor a sliver of barely-palatable pork chops or should I simply treat all these sundry words of wisdom as well-meaning comments from friends who are concerned and venture on?

No comments: