Sunday, April 22, 2007

Julia Campbell

She was a 40 year old writer who felt “an emptiness” and journeyed all the way to an impoverished area in Bicol where she taught English and helped complete strangers for close to 2 years as a Peace Corps volunteer. She represented everything that is good about America. Her senseless killing put an end to it all. A tragic loss for our country.

I love America because for many years I lived among Americans who were capable of doing so much good and who tried their best each day to live their lives for others. I can think of legions of Americans who would fit this bill just as Julia (http://juliainthephilippines.blogspot.com ) must have seen all the good we Filipinos are capable of rendering.

I mourn for you, Julia. Eternal rest grant unto Julia, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in Peace.

3 comments:

Prairie Doug said...

I am saddened and I will pray for her as I do you my good Doctor. I think it would be a great experience for Americans to go and see what others have to deal with in life. Then maybe they should fall to their knees and praise God for the gifts they have been given. Giving back could go a long way in this lifetime.

Bsanti said...

Though I don't really like americans, I feel diffrent about Ms.Julia.Her death is a great loss not just for the Philippines but for the whole world

Jerome Herrera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.