Thursday, February 22, 2007

Nothing New

I am frequently asked if I have some secret economic formula that will propel our country to First World status. I tell them that many people in the past have thought about ways to improve upon our human condition (from Aristotle, Buddha, Jesus, Adam Smith, Marx, Gandhi and so on), the formula is out there; what is required is implementation.

Implementation however will require credible leadership. I have no doubt in my mind that GMA and most other leaders today have our country's interests at heart. I do not question their love for our country. The problem is they have committed some serious missteps in their long years in power that have rendered them ineffective. We urgently need credible leadership that will inspire and unite us to work together for our country.

No comments: