Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Our Country is Beautiful

I have been traveling about the country for almost a year already and I know this campaign period will only get me to even more places. I'd like to think that I've been around. I've seen many things. But try meeting Filipinos and you immediately feel genuine human warmth that in all my years abroad I only occasionally experienced. Part of this may be because I am in my own country but for this cause alone, to help unite everybody to pause and take stock and finally to work towards redeeming this very beautiful country of ours, I am willing to stake all my material possessions and devote my youthful energy.

Having cared for many terminally ill patients in the most developed nation in our planet made me understand that when our short time on earth is over, what will matter is not the amount of material goods we accumulated but rather how we were able to serve other people.

No comments: